About Saeberg

 

DSC00002

The School was build 1922 – 1923 and there was an elementary School for the Village and the surrounding area until 1960. At that time the Village was abandoned as people moved away to the Town of Seyðisfjörður.

The house gradually deteriorated until a new owner bought it in 1985 and closed it for protection. It was only in 2013 when the area finally got electricity that the work on refurbishing the house really begun. It took a little more than a year and now it has been changed into a small cottage with a nice fireplace and fantastic view to the sea and the nature surrounding it. There are lot of birds and animals in the area. Some lucky guests´ have had visit from a curious seal and some even a whale playing in front of the living room window.